Review and address challenges with CAV laws, regulations, and procedures in Texas first, then nationally.
The graphic below represents a broad range of topics applicable to the Licensing and Registration Subcommittee. These topics were determined during the initial activities and discussions by each Task Force subcommittee. Some topics may be shared with other subcommittees. Each year, subcommittees pick a particular emphasis area(s) to help advance the connected and autonomous vehicle (CAV) environment within the state of Texas and help develop a product on that topic. This graphic may be updated over time as the nature of the CAV environment changes.
Summary of Activities
Point of Contact
Strategic Research Analyst, CAV
Texas Department of Transportation
2021 Potential Topics of Focus
- Basic requirements for purchased vehicles
- Training required of driver/offered by dealer
- Age limit
- PDDs – deployment, checkpoints, registration, insurance
2020 Opportunities Identified
- Compliance with state motor vehicle equipment standards
- Licensing/sales laws in commercial relationships
- Regulatory structure of remote operators for AVs